2.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design

After doing months of research i finally settled on this snow blower. From the very first day I received it in you could not engage the transmission to get it to move forward or backward.

Had to take it to an authorized dealer an hour away to get it serviced only to find out there was no oil in the hydrostatic transmission. No big deal I figured. Used it maybe 5 times first year. 2nd winter season, same thing couldn't get the transmission to engage forward or backward but the service center told me the year prior that at some point I might have to add more oil to the reservoir so i did and success it was back up and running.

I used it 3x's this winter. Side note here, the after the first winter, through the summer I had the snow blower parked in my garage on a piece of plywood...you'll understand why I added this in a moment. Year three same thing, would engage forward or backwards but this summer I had the snow blower parked in my garage but NOT on a piece of plywood and I could see oil that had leaked out from the snowblower. Took it back to the same service center only to be told the transmission needed to be replaced and althought this was likely this issue from day one before I even used it that Husqvaran would not cover it and the repair would cost me $1,600.

See pictures. I've used this $2,200 snow blower maybe 8 to 10 times.

Review about: Husqvarna 1827exlt Snow Blower.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: fix the transmission.

I liked: Features of the product.

I didn't like: This is a lemon it happens just fix it.

Comments

Cheaper and better for your health to pay somebody $220 each time you need to have the snow cleared away.

Especially because of the lost time involved ; your most precious asset.

Obviously, you could have contracted the work 4 times that often and still broken even.

I hated our former neighbor who started that thing up at 6 AM after just a dusting of snow.